Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

05 June 2005

True to fashion....

Summer in Chicago arrived as it usually does, overnight. And, as most often happens, with a rain storm. Last night was a serious rain storm! It always cool to me when it sounds like the heavens just open up and universe-size buckets of water just pour from the skies. When I woke up this morning to bright, sunny skies it felt a bit out of place after the water works of last night. But, here it is, summer time, complete with the sticky, hot weather. Gone are the ever so short days of springtime, as the hot, Chicago days are now upon us. It was 84 and humid today up in cowtown. sigh... ah well. The mosquitos aren't out in force yet.... I'm so hesitant to even type it, for fear I'll jinx myself and be bombarded with them tomorrow... hahahah

Oh my, a steamy week is in store for us!



Anyways, I have 1 final day of quiet. One final, glorious day all to myself before the schools close their doors for the next 11 weeks and 2 days.... but who's countin'??!!!

11 weeks!!

That is a really long time with 3 kids who's favorite pasttime is nonstop bickering.... sheeesh. That's from Kurt's side, I swear, my sibs and I were normal, quiet kids... hahahah Ya, he's saying "kids=quiet" not normal!

So tomorrow, I take the pup to the vet for her yearly checkup and to see why she's been feeling a bit under the weather today.... after discovering the bloody paw prints on the kitchen floor this morning, and checking out what seemed to be just a scraped pad on her back foot.... I thought she'd be her usual self... instead, she slept a lot today... maybe a bit of a fever or infection going on with her too.... So, I'll take her in for a once-over! Then there's the first of the bi-weekly grocery shopping to be done, a trip to the bookstore to purchase teacher gift cards, a stop at my bank and back home to do some karate business work. I need to get together my inventory list for another order, and type up some stuff for the lawyer. Oh, and I really need to get a pet sitter lined up while we're in Wales... aack! Tues morning is honors day at the school. I'll need to be there for that one... little cee is getting more this year again.... What else???? .... I think that's it. That'll keep me busy for the 6 hours, eh?!

1 comment:

k.d. said...

uh oh! today's the hottest day of the week! yuck! 90! :-O

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....