Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

05 August 2006

Geek Convention

Wizard World Chicago!

So yesterday, Kurt with his official badge pinned proudly to his shirt, went to Wizard World! I, on the other hand, took the kids to my mom's house for the day! heh heh. I think I would be a bit unsettled seeing grown men in storm trooper outfits, or the 6 foot tall Pika chu pokemon milling around for the afternoon.... heh

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/

So, ya, this is the second summer Kurt's been to the convention. Last year he had 2 kids with him, but they "slowed him down" ... hahahahah... so this year he had the whole afternoon, and a pocketful of money to enjoy!

This was my old stompin' ground... so I drove the kids past my highschool on the way to grammas. We also took the route home that I used to walk. The little guy was amazed that I didn't ride the school bus... "weren't your feet tired every day when you got home??" hee hee. Country bumpkins!

Well, anyways. When I picked Kurt up at the end of the day, he was loaded down with bags and pins and posters! The best one, the one I had been bugging him about every phone call throughout the day...... !!!!! He says to me, open up this poster before we go.... I unrolled it to see he finally found Lou Ferrigno!!!! And, got his autograph!!! Wheee! What a hunk! Lou, not the hulk guy! heh heh.

So, we'll have to organize all the new guys and get a photo up here for MK! Ahhh, too bad you weren't in town for the convention, I bet you would have loved it too!!!

2 comments:

k.d. said...

i just had to check the gallery - a lot of yummy bikini chicks at wizard world...

*drool*

Frau CowTown said...

hmmm, but these are the same yummy girls that don't mind the sight of storm troopers! heee heeee!

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....