Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

21 October 2006

garage band and warsteiner - Part 2

So the band played a garage party, I went along as the band roadie... um, widow.... I was just a hanger-on-er. I was waaaay over dressed. Some of the garage party guests looked as if they just rolled out from under the car they were fixing.... a shot from my chair.....

In the big wheelbarrow, floating amoungst the ice and Miller Lite, was the Warsteiner bier. Odd combination indeed.... playing behind Kurt in the band was a guy on the squeeze box.....

Odd, I've never seen an accordion as part of a Dixie band! But, Kurt says they've been playing a lot of Oktoberfests these past 2 months... thus the great sounds of the accordion! During their first break, Kurt brought me back to meet the guy and take a look at his squeeze box! Cool! I even got to wear it, heavy, and play a bit.... excellent sound! Oooh, I do want to learn to play this! Boy, are they expensive.... pheeeewwww.....

On the way home, we found a new liquor store in our town.... and ooooh, the beer selection and prices waay better than our other store! Ahha, I finally found a Hefeweizen to fill my glass!

All in all, a great band day! Funny location for a band party, oddball beer choices, playing the accordion, 2 Warsteiners, finding out the benefits of "suicide doors" on Kurt's car, a great selection of beers at the new found store, and taking the less-traveled, back roads home!!! ;)

2 comments:

k.d. said...

hm, obviously that IS a garage... but where's the warsteiner?

mk said...

"Franziskaner Hefe Weisse" is a good deal better than a Warsteiner....

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....