So today my first born baby had his freshman orientation at the new high school. It is a wonderful new building. The just finished building it, oh, last week or so. There will only be freshmen and sophomores attending this year, adding a grade each year.
When Karl was born his feet were the length of my thumb. Oiy! Now look at his big dogs! Size 11, or 45 Euro!
Sometimes the days drag on, but those years, they fly by!
Of course, there was no photo this morning inside the new highschool as he stood there with his buddies. I was embarrassing him enough with my very presence. So, I guess my work as a mom is complete! I embarrass my kid! haha.
Sigh.
This will be an exciting time for him! Kurt and I, wandering the hallways last night were reminiscing about our own fun highschool days.


2 comments:
congrats! even better that it's a new building!
hehe, 45! bigfoot! LOL! (my size is 42)
also great that there are no upperclassmen...better to be the youngest of 2 grades than the youngest of 4. I once worked w/someone who went to Romeoville HS and he said the seniors would take the freshman, hold them upside down, dunk their head in the toilet, and flush it ("giving a swirly")...but I'll bet his feet weren't as big as K's so he couldn't kick out of the bathroom...haha...he ended up transferring to Illinois Math and Science
Post a Comment