Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

08 June 2005

11 weeks

We're not even home an hour after school officially closed this morning and I've already had to micro manage a tantrum. I was fearing this adjustment period. Other summers I've looked forward to the kids being home all the time. Not this year. Too many changes have occurred. Middle K, now officially promoted to middle school sixth grade(with grades: an A, 2 B's and a C -- not too shabby!), feels he should have friends over ALL THE TIME. I'm constantly pestered with "can I have so&so over? Can I go to so&so's house?" CONSTANTLY. So, I've laid down the law with him. This summer will not be a perpetual party with friends! And, why is it all the middleschool boys want to hang at our house?? Have you seen how much they eat and drink?? Even Kurt teases now. When he found the $1 boxes of snack crackers at the dollar store, he laughingly said, "hey, just what we need for the boys!"

Then, there's middle cee. She's already hormonal, now add to it her natural frustration and anger at her diabetes and you have the makings for many tantrums. It's hard. She's already trashed her and little K's room, pulling toys off of shelves, tearing up papers on her desk..... eiy, yi, yi.... this will be such a mental struggle for me this summer.

It's time to do some serious outlining of our days for the summer. They will need some structure if I'm to keep any of my sanity. So, on to the scanning of my German Klasse 1 books I picked up at a Tuebingen bookstore, scanning in cursive sheets for the little guy, adding more chores to their lists and setting up their piano lesson times with me.

gah, I'm down already... and it's not even noon.....

1 comment:

k.d. said...

"sunt pueri pueri, pueri puerilia tractant" ;-)

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....