My cellphone was acting up yesterday. I could make calls just fine, but when the connection was established the other person couldn't hear me at all. I could hear them just fine...
Several calls to Carolyn revealed this problem and she'd simply call me back whereupon my phone would function normally. After speaking to her for a while, I thought I'd give it one more try. Bear in mind that she couldn't hear me... but knew I could hear her. Here's how the conversation went:
Carolyn: Hello?
Kurt: Hey there... can you hear me?
Carolyn: Hello?
Kurt: Crap... I think that it's still not working...
Carolyn: No, it's not working. I can't hear you.
Kurt: What? You CAN hear me, right? You're just goofing around?...
Carolyn: No, it's still not working, I can't hear you...Hello?
Kurt:Oh well, it was worth a try I guess...
Carolyn: Well, we tried anyway.
Kurt: Are you SURE you aren't hearing this, it sounds like you're answering me...
Carolyn: I can't hear anything so I'm going to hang up now. 'Bye, I love you!
Kurt:I love you too...
I was laughing so hard I almost drove off the road. I think we've been married too long...!

1 comment:
Heh, yup, we can finish each other's sentences... and even carry on a 1-way conversation in perfect sync! That was quite amusing once you relayed how perfectly my monolog fit with what you were saying! ;)
Post a Comment