Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

07 January 2007

Keepin' busy

Oh yes.
4 new students. Of course it was more impressive when on Jan 4th I could boast that I indeed had 4 new students! Off to a tremendous start!

What a crazy weekend. Kurt flew to Philly early Friday morning, another Pro-Star convention. Another 3 1/2 hour work out. Damn, I missed it. Those training sessions are muscle-numbingly awesome! Ah well, next seminar will be in Texas! Yeee-hah! Heh....

Anyways, as I was typing. I began my quiet Friday chatting to Kurt as he drove along the ocean to Atlantic City, New Joiysee.... and then my calm ended. Little cee had to come home that morning with a 101F fever and strep throat.... and the fever and crankiness just didn't end.... and I went to work, and to work, and to work.... Had to explain to her where I had the Advil to bring down her fever of 102 when she called me at 5 mins before I was to teach the 10am class on Saturday.... "Don't panic, just take the Advil, pour a big glass of ice water and sit on the couch with the TV on, I'll be home in an hour!" Wow, once again, I'm reminded how lucky I am to not be a single mom in the 8 hours a day working world. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, "my hat is off to the single moms." I surely don't have what it takes. Didn't help that she slept in my bed Friday night.... tossing and turning... so of course, I slept poorly.... and picked up her disease. Saturday morning, that triple shot espresso, Venti, skim white mocha, no whipcream cappucino got me through the classes. Came home, crashed for an hour and a half nap... and still didn't feel much better. Only took down 1/2 of the Christmas tree.... then decided pizza and a movie were a good choice for the remainder for the evening. Luckily Kurt's obsession of arriving at the airport at least 5 hours.... ok, I jest, 2+ hours in advance, paid off! He caught an early flight out of Phily to Chicago and got home 4 hours early! Wow, what a difference having him home brings to the balance of power! We're still outnumbered.... but, we make a darn good team together!

So since Monday and Tuesday are my busy days at work... I give you the first story from vacation.

The Massage.

My first ever massage.... I was all, shy, nervous, and, "...oh nevermind, this is a dumb idea...." But, Kurt insists, I need this and will love it! So, I go ahead with the 15 minute, poolside, upper body massage.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...arms, fingers, neck, scalp, and of course shoulders, back...... ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This could become quite addicting! I could become a massage junkie. Ah, Roberto.... the man can give a good rub!
Now, the really weird part for me was disconnecting my brain from the fact that a big man was rubbing my body. Sure, it's perfectly acceptable, I'm out in public, my husband is photographing the whole adventure.... but it was a very, ah, tingling feeling nonetheless. No matter how I tried to rationalize it, there was still another man rubbing me down! Whoa! Weird when you think another man hasn't touched me for well over 16 years..... aack. Do you see the weirdness that I was struggling with?!

Ok, maybe not, I just have strange issues.

*and, not a comment about my fat ass!


And so, after that, we convinced little cee that she would absolutely love the massage too!!!!! Start 'em young, that pampering... heh... She, like me, was all hesitant as we got nearer..... but in the end, she exclaimed "that was totally relaxing, and great!" Why even the next day when we arrived at the pool, she was all set to have another! hahahah addiction!



*beer in hand!


Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't take much to get you going, does it?
HAHAHAHA!
K

Frau CowTown said...

Hey! I'm an old, married hausfrau. What can I say, another man touching me is scandalous!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Massages are awesome!!
I see a woman, so none of that worrying about the man stuff :-)

I love the florida pics

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....