Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

15 February 2007

My Love, Lovely Bed

Finished up in time for the Love Day... aka, St. Valentine's Day.

The middle step where Kurt painted the wood with a base, white coat first. Meanwhile, we slept on the floor where the dog usually has her bed! She thought this was just fantastic! Hooray! We're one big happy family, doggie, daddy and me! hahahah

Ah, but alas, the fun and bonding wouldn't last. Kurt next added 2 coats of a luscious deep red paint. Although, it was not as purple-y, or bluish as we originally had thought it would be. I think with all those windows and our red & orange & pinks bedding... it really brings out the orange in the paint. Of course, it's very possible I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to color. In fact, that's the more likely explanation. So nevermind on the color. I LOVE it! It's awesome!

Well, this afternoon in the bright sunshine, I thought the photo and color would turn out good. Seems I have much to learn.

Now, it may not be obvious from the photos, but this is a really tall bed! At 5'10", I have to jump to get in bed! Kinda makes you feel like a kid again! "Hop in bed"! hee hee... right, Kurt?!

Even Tabi approves of the bed!
Thank you, my Kurt! It's a great addition to the room!

1 comment:

k.d. said...

that bed is HUGE! good job!

caution - you better avoid falling out of your bed now... hehe! :P

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....