Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

27 July 2007

making progress

Well, Kurt put in my new harddrive followed by the recovery disc that I made less than 2 years ago.... The wireless internet connection is being difficult, as is my wireless networking to the family system. sigh...

He then hooked up my old hard drive to a fancy gadget he bought.... which hooked over to his machine where he proceded with the modern surgery..... Just like in a hospital.... I paced, trying to find things to do, occupy my time while I waited for the surgeon's prognosis.

It was not a good prognosis.

The surgery as far as Kurt could do was not enough to save my photos.

=(

Ja, I know, I've learned the hard way. Never leave photos on the flash cards longer than you have to... and for heaven's sake, don't erase them before copying them to the external hard drive and then promptly burning them to disc.... sigh. Sure, I can probably take them to a shop and have an expensive data recovery process done..... but.... but... what else is on my hard drive that could be damaging... incriminating? Anything? Probably not... but I can't be sure. Dilemas, dilemas.... what to do?!

Oh, and what's the Swedish word for 'mischief'?! Hahahah... nah, she's ok... but, wow, 10 week old puppies are busy, busy, busy! Kurt and I are remembering all the training issues we went through with Tabi... even though she was housetrained, we pulled our hair out over here lack of obeying our 'COME!' command... sigh... and then there was her nasty habit of rolling in the local 4-legged visitor's crap in the woods... ACK! So far today, no accidents in the house. But, it's only 9AM.....

Like Kurt says, there are no bad doggies, only misbehaving owners. And everything I read online and in my books says puppies need to go out EVERY hour! gah.... well, at least it's raining these couple of days! hahahah

No comments:

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....