... as we do our German homework! Hahahaha
So, yes, we finally have foreign languages in middle school.
Me: Slow down, erase this.... you're not the best English speller, and your German isn't any better. That's S-C-H-L-E-C-H-T!
Him: Aaargh, why are there so many letters in this little word?!
Me: Welcome to German!
Oh this is great fun! I ask him every day how his 1st period Deutsche Lektionen are going. The first day the kids all had to select a good German name as their own.
"What?! You have a perfectly respectable German name already!"
Karl says "yes, the German teacher noted that, but thought I'd enjoy another name too".... So, he tells me, he is "MATT-HI-AS"
hahahah, I chuckle. That'd be "Mah-TEE-us" Silly boy.
"Oh whatever!" was his usual response!
He had forgotten much since German summer school - oh, 3 or so years ago... but it was quickly coming back to him with my help! Now he's excited about seeing his teacher in the hallways so he can say a quick German phrase in passing! He asks me, "how do you say "See you later", again. I forgot".
Which has lead me to a decision here.... Stay tuned for a surprise!! You'll know it the first time you see it here! ;)

3 comments:
Hallo Karl. Dann werde ich jetzt mal alles auf Deutsch schreiben. Ich bin gespannt auf deine Antwort ;-)
Matthias, uhh.. not the easyest name, he choosed. It's Matthew in english.
Gawd..... "easiest" :-))
deutsche sprache - schwere sprache!
happy weekend!
Post a Comment