Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

30 September 2008

best laid plans...

...and I was hoping to get to sleep early tonight. Sheesh, haven't even had my shower...
grumble grumble...

Too much fun browsing around the mid-century modern websites. Like this Flickr group. I'm so in love with the 50's look of mid-century modern Americana... The Eames furniture... Knoll designs, sigh... Love, love the orange and green color combos lately. I'm looking forward to re-covering our sofas in a lovely olive green... Kurt even gave a nod! You know, I found a site that had step by step for painting a refrigerator... hmmmm, avocado green, Kurt?! ;)

My parents didn't have too much 50's furniture... well, at least not the awesome stuff...(nothing to raid in mom's basement...) we couldn't afford it... sigh, and I still cannot afford to buy it now. You know, there's that one antique mall over on Lake street. I drive by it all the time. I wonder if they'd have any mid-century stuff inside.... hmmm...

Although, with the weather turning colder... 40's in the morning, I decided it was time to buy myself a fall coat. Something other than a sweat jacket to warm me as I make the morning school runs... So, I found a wool coat from the 50's! My mom had one just like this! I'm so happy! Oh, and that item is currently out of stock, because it's on the way to my house. =)

so, that's how I fill up the after work hours instead of filling the bathtub. 6am comes 'round awfully fast...

g'night.

No comments:

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....