Uh-uh.... I refuse to get the bug! Toast and tea continue to be big hits in the house. Kurt's down and out today, snoring on the couch as I type, infact! The little guy is better, but still home as he was feverish as of dinnertime last night... Little cee had a quick bout and is back in school.. She happens to love school and gets cranky if she has to miss it.
While at work yesterday... I called home to check. Middle K informed me he hadn't seen little cee.... long story short, turns out she had falled asleep in my bed.... fast forward to dinner time, Kurt asks her if she's going to be able to eating all her dinner... "yes", ok, so he gave her the full dosage of insulin. Turns out, she couldn't eat it all and was feeling sick to her stomach, so drinking Gatorade was out too.... By the time I arrived home, she was sick and looking pretty dazed... She informs me she wasn't feeling too well and would I check her blood sugar. 37. Yikes... although I'm panicked inside, I'm calm on the outside. Grab a piece of toast and see if she can stomach small bites.... (but that bread won't work fast enough to raise her sugars.... juice is out on a sensitive tum, and I'm thinking in my head... "where's the glucagon shot for when she passes out.....) Ahha... I get an idea to make up some sugar water and give her spoonfuls of it... little bits at a time.... keep it down, kid! Re check the blood sugar 15 mins later... hooray, it's now 85! She's feeling better, and looking more alert.... she is able to keep down the toast and a few sips of gatorade. phew. Tuck her in bed and sit myself down to knit for a couple of hours. 10pm check her again... blood sugar, 134! yay, the bread is working. Time to go to bed. Our first bout of flu with diabetes. I think in the future, when the flu is making the rounds, we'll just have to go easy on the insulin shots .... maybe need more, but better that than bottoming out.
Well, I had turned off her alarm, secretly.... I assumed she'd not be well enough for school. No matter, alarm or not, she was up and ready for school this morning. So, she had a light breakfast, and a light lunch packed.....
But, enough of the sickness.... blech.
This red and gray hat is for the little guy... again... I finished middle K's hat up last weekend.... hats, hats, hats.... I love making wool hats!
And, today is my last kid-free shopping day left. What do you know, winter holiday starts today at 3:30. oh joy....
Views from CowTown
16 December 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(109)
-
▼
December
(16)
- Here we are
- leaving milwaukee
- Merry Christmas! And, see you next year!
- Christmas at gramma's
- My mood
- Tacky house!
- 2blackdresses
- hopefully, this is it for the nasty germs of this ...
- 3 down, 2 to go, maybe...
- ouch!
- the story of the restless dog
- fröhweihnachten
- Just my luck
- heat wave
- When Kurt tells me...
- Adventszeit
-
▼
December
(16)

No comments:
Post a Comment