Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

19 December 2005

hopefully, this is it for the nasty germs of this round

Well, middle K is on the couch now. We've been cleaning puke - he and I since 2:30 this am.... blech. He made it to the tub, though... bless his heart... he didn't use the toilet, because, "someone poo'd in the toilet and didn't flush, so I didn't want to lean my head in there...." Can't say I blame the poor boy. Instead I had a tub full of puke and a bar of soap. Eh, could've been worse. sigh.


Now, on to 'funner' topics!!

The cruise! Everyone is abuzz with talk of the cruise!! Kurt's been busy downloading pics of the ship.... Westerdam, a Holland America cruise line! Fun, fun!! Our room is on the Verandah deck with our own porch to the ocean!! We'll wake up each morning looking out over the ocean! How cool is that going to be?!!! And, the grownups each have their own cabin, with the kids all sharing 5 rooms amoungst the 15 of them! Very fun! Kurt's giving me my very own Brazilian wax job tonight!!

Ohhh, and then 2 of the nights are formal... meaning, tuxes for the guys, gowns for the girls! 3 nights informal.... suit jackets for men and skirts for me... the remaining nights are casual attire.... polos and khaki's and the like!! Wheeeee! How fun!

Ok, so the day after Christmas, we leave from Milwaukee.... EARLY! We'll be flying with the whole group of 25 of us on the plane! Party time!!!! Heh! The von Schu crew is partying from Milwaukee to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida! hahahah, won't the other passengers be surprised?! ;)

The ship leaves port at 5pm from Ft. Lauderdale.... on to our first stop the next day at Half Moon Cay, Bahamas!! A day of fun is planned there....

Dec 28th we're at sea
Dec 29th we arrive for the day at Ocho Rios, Jamaica!
Dec 30th we'll be partying in George Town, Cayman Islands!!!
New Year's Eve will be spent in Cozumel, Mexico!!!!!! Hoooray!
New Years Day, Jan 1st will be out at sea
Jan 2nd we dock at Key West, Florida (Kurt and I were here a long time ago... 1991)
Then back to Ft. Lauderdale on Jan 3rd and rush to the airport for our noon flight home to the snow and cold..... and back to school!

Postcards anyone??? Cousin M, I'll send some along to your house!!!

I'm hoping my camera phone will work at some of these ports of call so I can at least put something up here.... I know I can do it at Key West... hopefully the other islands as well!!!

Now, we really have to get moving on Christmas shopping and wrapping and then I must get packing!!!

The weight? Well, I still have a big back porch..... ah well..... more cushin' and all that good schtuff.... heh. We've all got an early Christmas prezzie of fins, mask and snorkel and have already been to the pool to practice! Middle K and little cee can clear their snorkels... so they're ready and excited to go snorklin' .... little K can swim well with fins and mask.... we haven't started the snorkle yet.... hopefully, we'll get another swim day in before we leave!

Let's just all get well quickly!

1 comment:

k.d. said...

fantastic!!!

i want a card!!!

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....