Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

12 August 2007

The real difference between him and I

Last week, 2AM, during a wild thunder storm there I am.... half asleep, clinging to keep my purple bathrobe around me in the whipping wind and rain, standing out by the pond, the rain beating down on me. My feet are wet, and I hobble across the soaked lawn because I've blown out my right flipflop..... "wasting away again in Margaritaville...."

"C'mon Kelda! Come! Potty Hurry!!" over and over I implore with her, shouting from the middle of the yard..... And she's huddled up by the front door thinking, "DUH, it's pouring lady....." And there we are, both trying to out-wait the other......

Now, fast forward to last night.... 2:34 AM. Tabi wakes up Kurt to inform him the puppy is in need of an outside break. He takes her out.... The skies are flashing white, the trees are really whipping, it's pouring again.... I get up for a potty hurry.... shuffle back to bed, toss and turn trying to find a cool spot on my pillow.... and Tabi and I both begin to wonder where papa is? I get up, go to the window searching for his form in the yard.... hmmm, nothing. I go downstairs and find him.

He's gone out the kids' wing door, to the covered porch, flipped open the hottub and is relaxing while he waits for the puppy to get up the nerve and go do her business!

Smart man.

I decide to join him. There we are 3AM, us in the hottub, Tabi on the porch, and the puppy in the rain.

2 comments:

mk said...

And now you'll fight who must go with puppy in the night. "May i go..?? pleeeeaase...." :-))

Anonymous said...

So the main difference between us is... I'm smart enough to come in out of the rain?

;-)

Kurt

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....