Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

20 August 2007

Remembering Dad

10 years ago today, dad died.

He was only 58.

He managed to skew the stats of our family's history of bad hearts, by living 8 years longer than than the previous 3 generations of brother, father, grandfather and great-grandfather, who all died of heart attacks at age 50.

I'm the oldest living Hansen. *shudder* How's that for an award?!

Although I think our generation is a little more aware of this trend, and we've been agressively watching ourselves. My siblings and I are far more physically active than our forefathers, we go get our hearts checked, and eat healthier. Our Hansen cousins, on the other hand.....

I have no intention of obliging heredity! I have too many places to see, too many fun things on my 'to-do' list, and too many more people to meet.

So, how's that for a Monday morning?

Life's too painfully short. Go out and enjoy every day! If you don't see your name on the obituary page, get dressed and sieze the day! .... or don't get dressed.... heh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and if you DO see it, imagine all the FUN you could have then!!! Casper the REALLY friendly ghost!

Love ya... and know you'll be around quite a few more years...

K

mk said...

or as the famous Woody A. said: It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
;-)

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....