They're all beginning to blur together... which is why I wanted to jot down the different things.
Yesterday, we went to a few more businesses... have nearly exhausted all of them. We printed up more flyers with the correct phone number and handed out in the grocery store parking lot. I had an interested dad with his 2 kids. Got his name and number. Fine for follow-up. Joe at the other door, handed out flyers, VIP passes, and set up an appointment for today at 5. We also have 2 others coming at 6pm, as well as the other mom who signed up 2 days ago... she's coming in Friday to pay at 5:30. Oh, that reminds me... I have another dad who signed up last week... he's also coming in at 5pm to pay for his first month. He signed up last Sat.
Aack!
But, I must say, in all honesty... my phone is ringing more. Perhaps all the MMA flyers are being seen. Hmm, although, wrong number....???
I'm much more at ease with shaking hands. That's ever so important in sales, 'eh?! "Hi! I'm Carolyn CowTown from Cowtown's MMA. I'm going around to introduce myself and to meet other local businesses. Do you have any flyers or cards I can display at my school for all my students and their parents? I see you have a small waiting room, can I display some of my flyers as well?" Much to my surprise, a good 8 or 9 out of 10 owners are friendly, approachable, and have said yes to the flyers/posters being hung at their place or displayed on thier counters! How cool is that?!
I'm working on getting more systems in place. I need my lead sheets/cards. Pads of them so I can fill them out in the car, at home, at the studio... when someone calls me. I have a system for the programs and pricing. This was given to us at various seminars that we've done in the past and have finally printed it up and put it in its binder for use during the 15 min parent's orientation conference. Aack. The office could be a bit roomier.... ( no pressure Kurt!) I think I will move those belts out of there next week......
Today we'd like to go back to the grocery store lot for another 1/2 hour. With the somewhat warmer weather, kids off from school.... there's quite a bit of activity out there for us! We also need to finish looking over the scheduling of classes for next year. We need to juggle the year 1 MMA students and the new year 2 MMA kids come Jan 1st!
Ok.
Time to wrap up and make notes on what we need to do today! Joe's walking across the deck right now too! Back to work!

No comments:
Post a Comment