Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

19 September 2008

Friday the 19th, and a really long story

So here's the story....
I set out at 11:30 am with both dogs to go for a brief walk before they would have their nails done at PetSmart. I wrongly assumed the store would be empty of other pets. Now, I have 2 big dogs pulling at me while I attempt to load up the cart with various pet items and bring them back to the salon one at a time.... they slip out of their complete shoulder harnesses, growl very unlady-like at the cute little beagle.... sigh... Ya, that was an adventure. We finally get home after running a few more errands at the bank and whatnot... at 1:30pm.

I have a quick lunch and reach down to answer my ringing phone when it just jumps out of my hand and smashes on the floor. I put the battery back in but it will just not power on... sigh. It's 2pm, I can make it back to that part of town and I'll have to buy a phone, I need it for work....

After speaking with the great guys at Verizon!, they determine that it will still be under warranty and will replace it, for $20 since I already mailed in my rebate form... "Great! That is so much better than having to shell out full retail price since I had originally declined insurance! Oiy. But, I have to go home and get the reciept....

I realize i'm running 5 mins late from Kai's arrival home... and when he makes the phone call to my cell, he'll wonder why he doesn't get me.... Then I see all the flashing lights of the ambulances and cop cars blocking my path home... when I'm only 1/2 mile away... instead I have to drive 10 mins on the backroads to get home... making me much later and I wonder why there are so many ambulances, and I hope Kai is already home that his school bus was not in an accident because I can call noone, and noone can call me on the dead phone.... Oh the panic as I drive those 10 mins....

I finally get around to the other road leading to my house to find it blocked off by a cop car as I knew it would be. Except, I roll down the window and say I must go through as I live down there and have to check on my kid! He let's me through.... I drive quickly up the gravel driveway, race in the house and say, "Hi Kai!"... glance over at his computer... the house is quiet, his chair empty, no backpack or shoes... He's not here....

I race up to the phone and see there are 2 messages waiting for me... "hello it's the transportation department calling, there will be a delay on Kai's bus, please call us... " OhMYGOD... I'm dialing the bus company before the message finishes... turns out the bus and Kai are fine, they were 2 cars behind the crash. Apparently a car spun out and lost control on that highway that is the road in front of our house... and took out 3 other cars in the oncoming traffic... The bus driver finally alerted a cop saying that she still had a student on board and needed to get out somehow... the cops cleared a path so the bus could turn around and follow that same 10 minute backroad route that I had just taken. They were on the way to bringing Kai back to the main bus HQ... I'd have to pick him up after I got Karl at high school and Calli at MIddle school... So Kai spent an hour and a half on the bus.... but was ok!

I ended up taking the receipt and my broken phone back for a 3rd trip (once I finally found where I had put it in my panicked mode... but that would make the story longer than it already is....) For whatever reason, I didn't have to pay $20, infact was given a refund of $50 and a replacement phone... and then I bought an expansion pak for my Sims2 game... apartment life.... came home, and opened up a beer....

Now, on to my game and another beer....

TGIF!!

2 comments:

mk said...

Good god, what a terrible day!! Good to hear, everybody's fine!.

k.d. said...

omg. after that i'd need 4 beers...

happy stress-free weekend, k?

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....