Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

03 August 2005

The best thing for me

I had such an awesome time with our German family. I spoke almost entirely in German yesterday that it seemed really odd to switch to English the times I did for the kids... I was speaking to everyone in German that I found myself thinking and talking to myself in German! How cool is that. And now, I know it will be gone soon.... noone to have conversations with.... sigh.

So, it was another scorcher here in Chicago... we decided to rent a motor boat and cruise some of the lakes in the chain of lakes up here. We spent an hour zipping around, bouncing on the waves! Then, after a lunch of corn on the cob that we picked up earlier at the Woodstock Farmer's Markt, we decided to go to the Stadt Schwimbad! Kurt came home early from work, so he picked up the big kids from their canoe camp and brought them along to the pool! It was a great time! We left the pool at 1700 and came home to change for dinner on the river, our favorite river restuarant! After that it was back to our house for some Wein in unser Garten! They really enjoyed sitting on the porch with the fountain and no mosquitos! It was very pleasant at night.... thankfully, it does cool off a bit when the sun goes down!

What a great time. It was too short. I cried a bit when I dropped them off at the bus... sigh. They have invited us to Munich. Kurt says we can go in two years!! Vielleicht, Oktoberfest, 2007!

Their band is now off for more concerts in New York and Washington before heading back to Munich. I'm going to be following their adventure through the pictures and stories that one of their members updates on their website!!! Check it out!

And now, back to work I go... I have lots to do with the karate stuff....

1 comment:

k.d. said...

2007! really! :D

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....