Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

02 August 2005

The germans


The germans
Originally uploaded by frau cowtown.
Oh man! So, their bus was a bit late... I had to leave and pick up the big kids from nature camp, drop them off at home, instruct them not to mess up the house... and go back to get the Germans! No problem!

Now, they are a lovely family from Zolling, Bavaria! And, they speak about as much English as I speak German. So, we have my handy German-English dictionary for the occassional odd word, and we're managing just splendid! Actually, much of the conversation is in German! I know my grammar is horrible, but I can put a hodge podge sentence together to get my meaning across! heh! Good fun to practice speaking again!! Yay! It came back so easily... sheesh, even found myself speaking German to the dog last night... hahaha

Anyways, the fun continued at a concert on the beach... There I am surrounded by 60+ Bavarians all in their excellent outfits... lederhosen und trachten!! Oh my gosh, I was in heaven. I mean could it get any better than this?? Well, ja, seems the Americans don't know you need a Bier Garten when listening to Deutschlieder und schunckeln! (that was our German lesson for the night!)

Anyways, I'm off to plan an outing for today and figure out if I can juggle kids and perhaps rent a bigger van.... sigh...

tschuess!

1 comment:

k.d. said...

you're in bavarian heaven! haha! =)

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....