Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

13 August 2005

just sit right back and you'll hear a tale

....a tale of a fateful night. To steal the lyrics from 'Gilligan's Island'.... I'm sitting here on the floor of the barn. Want to know why? I'm going to tell it anyways.

Friday night, around 1am, in the middle of our first thunderstorm this summer.... a fierce thunder storm a huge, loud bolt of lightning strikes so very near our house.... we jump about 2 feet off the bed, the dog is startled.... weird how close and loud it sounded. Fast forward to 5am, Kurt is heading to his car to go to work and he see fire in the woods, our woods. He goes to the house to get a bucket of water to put out the fire, climbs up the hill and sees that the 8 foot diameter fire is not burning anything.... no wood, no grass... nothing. Now, he also realizes that he's being stung, and bees are clinging to him.... he didn't realize he stepped right into a bees nest on his way up the hill... and the angry bees are biting him, clinging to him, burrowing in to his skin.... I'm startled awake from my drug-induced sleep.... (still tossing and turning and stewing and giving myself a headace over karate and diabetes at midnight, I take a Tylenol PM which will put me into a deep sleep for 8 hours) ... by Kurt's bellow to come down.... I couldn't hear what he was saying.... but rather reacted to the urgency of his voice.... I check for any further bees, assure him he will not go into anaphylactic shock.... that will happen within 30 seconds if it's going to happen.... then I understand he's saying we have our gas line on fire from the lightning strike.... So, it becomes most urgent to call the fire department..... they arrive, along with the gas company, who shut off the main feed at the road, and the fire goes out.... a few hours later, they have uncovered our gas line and find a golf ball -sized hole in the gas line... all fixed and we have gas again. We still have no phone lines and our water well seems to be acting up now..... we hope it hasn't gone dry with the drought.... sigh... that would be another 10grand to drill a deeper well..... Ohhhh, right, bonus, 3 computers, 1 computer monitor and 1 alarm clock has also been zapped and fried beyond repair.... waaaahhhh, one of those computers.... was mine.... gone. Fried. All my stuff, lost..... fuck. Can it get any worse???

Oh yes! It did..... but that's another story for another time..... Kurt wants some time on the computer, his computer with the part of the phone line that he did repair..... tomorrow, we'll try to manage the phone wires to the main house so we can have phone service again..... waaaaahhhh. I'm so sad. So, sad.

No comments:

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....