A raw take on this whole karate school owning business. It's a far bigger headache than I ever imagined. Supposedly we bought a school with 150 students... in reality it's more like 110. I deal with some shitty parents, others who use the school as a babysitting service, somewhere to drop their kids for an extra 30-45 mins. All the prospective callers/students want a better price, or a program tailored to fit their schedule. And, let's not even discuss the business end of things.... juggling insurance quotes, and accounting books, keeping up on the day to day student maintenance. Then there's the home and kids issue. I'm gone from 3-7pm. That's prime kid time. Middle K is failing again.... he scored As and Bs on math tests, but failed in the note-taking department... bringing his total grade to a C... which is unacceptable in the honors math. He's now been dumbed-down to regular math. Sure, so what's the big deal? He still can't do his homework, self-motivate himself to stay on task, stay organized... and I'm not here either in the afternoons/evenings. Not that that really helped him in the past, I s'pose. And, when was the last time I washed the floors? And where's all the money this business is supposed to be bringing in? I haven't cashed a paycheck since November, I seem to be writing checks left and right.... the company is hemorrhaging money with the new building.... and parents keep pestering for a better deal..... I'm tired. Emotionally, physically. The homelife is non-exisitent. I haven't seen my kids much.... and Kurt? He's as busy or more..... Is he still around too!? I fall in bed exhausted at 10:01 pm every night....
I'm sick of nickel and diming everything.... phone call after phone call..... there's still so much to do at the new place, all my hours are spent at the old school... teaching class after class.... waiting for leads or prospective students to show up and see the program.... when half the time they never come in when they say they will..... leaving the kids at home... to watch TV and eat or just generally goof off. I have loads of contracts to fill out for Feb renewals.... an appointment at the accountant's office in 15 mins....
Views from CowTown
26 January 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(226)
-
▼
January
(20)
- 2 hours and 5 minutes
- Everything's falling into place
- one more week
- Am I happy?
- and they say hindsight is 20/20
- 2 biddies
- mexico12
- sigh
- Lady boss on the warpath - rant ahead......
- He really has been a busy beaver
- What have we been doing
- ABC
- The head house in Jamaika
- Some cruise thoughts
- 491 pictures to sort through
- Heading back to cowtown
- Ft lauderdale
- Key west now
- Bahamas
- Sunrise in jamaica
-
▼
January
(20)

2 comments:
Yeah? But there's always an upside... You get to walk around on the streets in your pajamas!
K
Oh... and I washed the kitchen floor last night...
K
Post a Comment