Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

14 April 2006

Cowtown in the Big City

.... fell into bed 12:12am. A fun, but too short evening in Chicago. We had a "race" read, bumper to bumper ride into the city.... about 2 hours,

parked, in the Grant Street North Underground Hmm, now the pics are all out of order, if I do it this way.....

I'm going to put them in order over at flickr....

Anyways, click these little ones bigger.....

The concert was good, we had nice seats and could see all the action. I was able to tell the first violins from the seconds by watching their hand positions. 16 first violins. The Sibeleus piece was the opener... excellent. Next up was Brahm's.... eh, they could have scratched that number... it was only so-so... nothing spectacular. The final piece for the first half was Smetana. I had never heard of that composer... but as soon as the first chords were struck, I lit up!! I recognized it! Kurt hadn't heard that piece.... probably because it's a popular orchestra number, not for bands. You need the refinement of the violins.... heh heh.... ;) A little ribbin' for Kurt, coming from the violin player in the family! =)

Well, little K-W fell asleep during the second movement of Dvorak's 4 movement "New World Symphony".... it was the slow, quiet number.... and I swear I was getting nervous because his breathing had turned so heavy as he leaned against my shoulder... I thought he'd start snoring at any moment!! I kept thinking.... c'mon pick it up, move on to the 3rd Vivace section!! hahahahaha But, no, he didn't snore, phew! I was saved!

Ok, on to the photos now! And, I have to dig out my manual again..... goofy camera and all the buttons.... I can't take a decent night photo.... sigh....

4 comments:

mk said...

Hey... we could start a traffic-jam-gallery, hehe.

Frau CowTown said...

heehee....that would be something! ;)

k.d. said...

i think smetana was dvorak's friend?! i'm not sure though...

happy easter!

mk said...

Hey, you lost your Profile-Picture...

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....