What is worse than being lost in your backyard on the back roads in the fog?
Being lost in your backyard on the back roads in the fog and you have to pee.....
"ring ring... ring, ring..."
Me: Hi!
Him: Hi.
Me: Ok, I'm lost again.
Him: Hang on... let me fire up the maps and roads program....
Him: Ok, where are you?
Me: Not sure... I'm on State Line Rd. (so Wisconsin is on my left and Illinois on my right)
Him: Well are you heading east or west? Where's the sun?
Me: Don't know...Can't see the sun, it's foggy!
Him: Well honey, I can't help you if you don't have any cross road names for me, I can't see your van on this map of mine....
Me: Alright... let me think, try to remember some road names and the route I took.....
One hour later, I'm home after having toodled around on back roads, behind farmers only 10 miles to the Northwest of where I should have been. Turns out Illinois was on my left and and Wisconsin on my right. Once again I was turned 180 degrees around... sigh...
So much for thinking I'll take a new road home.

1 comment:
women & maps... *wink*
Post a Comment