Getting old is both an internal and external process. (As well as eternal, but that's another story!) The external is all about falling apart physically, watching the healing process slow, the joints stiffen, the muscles that simply don't want to grow the way that they used to.
And that's the easier of the two to battle!
The internal is tougher, keeping the mind young is a challenge that many of us put off until it's too late. Cee 'n Me have been talking of change lately, about the ability to not only accept changes, but to create changes and how this ability is a large part of how young the internal self really is.
I think many mid-life crises are nothing more than the sub-conscious noticing that the conscious is dialing down the size and scope of life changes, retreating into the security of conservative decisions, small decisions.
We all cry, "I'm flexible, I can change!" as we strive to adjust to a new toothpaste. "I'm not growing old, I just like to have my routine!"
Perhaps that's why so many crash into divorces and ill-advised relationships as they hit mid-lfe: it's BIG change, it forces them to be young.
Personally, I was thinking of building a gazebo...

2 comments:
Oooh pheeww!!
heh heh
Now go on, jump in and use the new tube of toothpaste.... instead of continuing to eeek out another few days out of the old one! ;)
hahahahahahah
A gazebo!!! Great!! But - be careful. You know, the wood and the tools are very heavy and dangerous - in our advanced years.... hehehe...
Post a Comment