Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

26 June 2008

busy week


busy week
Originally uploaded by frau cowtown
Where I've been....
Shopped at a new store today, since I was over in Kurt's town. Trader Joe's. Quite outstanding. I have many veggies for salad, some delicious almond chocolate "milk" ... kinda like the Soy milk I've been drinking but made out of almonds! Oh, and I finally found an organic red wine without the sulfites... perhaps that will prevent headaches. If not I'll just go back to 1/2 red wine and 1/2 seltzer water... Oh, and I found the most wonderful Lentils from France. They're all cooked up ready to eat cold with my lunch salad... yum, or warm perhaps for an early cocktail hour tonight... with a yummy beer we found from Holland, Oranjeboom! How great! Oh and then there are those wasabi almonds! Wooot, those will light your mouth on fire! And have you ever enjoyed a glass of Green Plant?!

Oh ya... I guess I didn't update that since May 18th I've kinda gone Vegan. I haven't had milk or cheese, I adore Silk Soy Milk, both the vanilla and chocolate. I've added tons of veggies and fruits to my diet, and for the most part haven't had meat. We only really ever ate fish and chicken.... but, of course I just couldn't give up my German wurst... I did eat that the other day, and today Kurt and I bought some Bavarian brats to grill up this weekend. Eh, it's ok... I love sausage. So, I guess I'm now more of a selectarian! I do still eat the occasional eggs. I'm thinking of heading up the road though and purchasing the farm fresh eggs from the free range farmsteads. A bit more humane than the mass produced ones.

2 comments:

k.d. said...

green plant, hm? trader joe's description sounds interesting... ;-)

i hope the organic wine is good - i still have to find one that i like. hehe.

Anonymous said...

Isn't Trader Joe's awesome? You must've been at the one 7 minutes from my house :-) (not that I count the minutes or anything). If you're looking for good values on tasty, fresh vegan-friendly stuff: the large papayas ($2.69 each--lasts 2-3 meals); bags of organic kiwis (can be put in salads or smoothies), the salsa--has no additives (but only get the ones with the clear tops, the white lidded ones are stale) definitely check the dates on everything; the bags of organic romaine lettuce heads--not as fresh as whole foods, but way cheap for organic; little mini bags of microgreens for your salad--you have to really be picky and look for the freshest ones; frozen organic/wild blueberries. My father also likes the guacamole, the ciabatta bread and the spanish white bean dish (near the lentils).

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....