Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

16 May 2006

gloom

hmmm.

Ya, I've been in a gloom. Ok Kurt, Friday was definitely PMS. I knew the foul mood I had 2 weeks ago was nothing more than the grumpies. This is pms. It's started raining last Thursday, and hasn't stopped, but for a couple hours Sunday. It will continue to be gray and raining through this Thursday. Oooh, man, the mosquitos will be bad this year....

But the weather matched my mood quite well on Friday. So I decided at noon that my work was finished, and I'd sit on the couch with my dog, a good book and a glass of wine. My mood certainly picked up after a few hours! And, I suppose we just perpetuate her misguided thinking that she's a lapdog.... but she kept me company!

We spent the rainy weekend cleaning the guest house for our German friends, who'll be here in 11 days! We took 3 full, van loads of crap to the good will to donate, we moved all the foam padding rolls that we've been storing to another shed.... Really, the place looks much better. And, you can walk in there! It's great to have the floor space back! Still, plenty of tidying up to do over there... but we do have 11 days!

Mother's Day found Kurt and me in the hottub at dawn, and out for breakfast with the whole family before the rest of the town was even waking up!
More of the same, relaxing, cleaning... oh, and of course, Mother's Day beer! We stopped at the liquor store to pick out a couples of bottles each ... some fun beer. Kurt picked Double chocolate stout and Hen's Tooth, both very yummy ales from England. Of course, I had to try a couple new weizens! Very tastee indeed!


And now, I'm still wide awake. Oh man, I'm going to be hurting in a few hours when my alarm rings off.... But, I figure as long as I'm awake, I may as well get some work done on the computer... perhaps I'll have a moment for a little nap tomorrow anyways.... hmmmm...

In the coming weeks I may be scarce around here... what with cleaning, working, home-schooling, and organizing events and meals for our upcoming guests....

So, back to work uploading more Germany pics so I can have an album printed out and here when our friends arrive.... and searching the site for the California law thingy that has to do with our work situation.... sigh... Kurt, I just can't find it yet..... any ideas where it's mentioned???

G'night!

5 comments:

k.d. said...

mother's day beer!? hehe, never heard of that - but as long as you like it! :P

mk said...

good morning cee - were you able to sleep? Double Chocolate Stout..... sounds...hmm.. interesting? ;-)
Here are the last pics of Weltenburg, where your mom's-day beer is from.

Frau CowTown said...

Gorgeous part of the country that beer comes from, er minus the wee bit of flooding!! The Welltenburg was a good Weizen... the other I picked Ayinger... very heavy wheaty or yeasty-tasting. A bit more difficult to sip on! ;)

mk said...

haha... i could send you a "Care-Packet" with a sortiment of weißbier! But will it survive the journey?

mk said...

ehm... assortment not the german word...hehe

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....

Blog Archive