Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

28 November 2006

Where I sound like Homer Simpson

"MMMmmmmm, Braunschweiger!" It's my lack of restraint that has caused me to gain *($#!!!&* pounds this weekend. I couldn't even make the sandwich in peace... the dog could smell it and would hustle down the stairs to see if this time I was sharing again. She looks up at me with those eyes that say, "c'mon fattie, share that livery-sausagey-goodness!" Why even now she sits at my feet licking her lips for good measure... sigh.... It's the final sandwich. That sinfully good fat is now finished.

Wow, what a weekend. I blearily stumbled through yesterday. It'd be nice to win the lottery... I could get used to eating, sleeping and playing all day at my own whims.... sigh. But, it was back to the grind. Thankfully, my cell phone died somewhere along the weekend.... but there were 9 messages waiting for me to sort through.... plenty of catching up to do, putting out fires, all that stuff. It's a bit overwhelming coming back after 4 days off....

But, we're back on track now.... back to working off this holiday weight, 'cause you know, Christmas is right around the corner!

Speaking of Christmas, we ended the Thanksgiving holiday with the dragging out all the lights and the tree..... The outside is still a bit drab, it needs more color.... I'll have to find some more big lights for the deck railing and put them up while this 60 degree weather lasts! Snow on Thursday though..... And then there's the shopping to be finished this week! We leave for Florida holiday in 17 days!!! Aaack! So much to do. 'Tis the season, though, right?!

1 comment:

k.d. said...

the end of thanksgiving is the beginning of christmas! nice.

btw, german/austrian opera at chicago's lyric opera - you might like it:

http://www.lyricopera.org/productions.aspx?perf=8251

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....