Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

22 September 2005

Indian Summer

...As a friend so aptly noted. It's been sunny and hot... but I think that was the last hot day. Of course, I've been saying that for the 3 or 4 previous scorchers each time we get one... "this will be the last hot day..." Maybe now that it's officially fall, we can carry on with the sunny, cool, crisp days!

The obligatory pup picture...


Well, the business is settling down. At least, it feels that way to me. Kurt still feels we have so much... which we do, but maybe I'm now just allowing myself to stay in the here and now... "what can we get done today?" I'll get some official documents and contracts to the printer today, tomorrow is my meeting with the accountant and Sat. is our special black belt testing. It's a big to-do... complete with Korean masters judging the event, plenty of bricks to be broken, and nearly all of us top dog, instructors being promoted.... Not too much pressure... *snort*, ya right.
Last night was a standard promotion at the school. The big boss, master was there as a judge. We were to run the show.

Fast forward, oh, 10 hours... and I'm in a completely different state of mind. Today has run the gammit. Start with having my mom over to watch the kids..... 'nuf said. And, take over with Kurt calling me 10 mins before I leave the house to get the kids and "start" my day.... I'm like.... "Kurt, I've been telling you on many occasions throughout the day... I'm really tense, and not having a good day.... and now you want me to call this guy re: our karate school stuff.... I'm still trying to settle myself down mentally..... and I have 10mins left for myself...."

...sigh... now, I end up calling the guy. And, basically tell him, I have 5 mins and then I'm out the door.... Turns out, he's on the West coast, so we'll speak again this evening... 6pm my time is still 4pm on the coast... ok. I call up Kurt in near giggles.... like, "ohmygod, I could hardly concentrate on the phone call!!! He's totally from Canada!!!" hahahahah.. Kurt's like, well, ya, as a matter of fact, they're from Vancouver! Hahahahaha, I knew it! I could hardly contain my giggles.... THEY DO SAY "A BOOOOOT" hahahahah not, "about"... it's all "ABOOOOT" laughing my freakin' fat ass off over that. Ok, so yes, I'm in about 4th grade! hahahah.... His accent was totally great!!! Ahem.

So, fast forward to this evening... I'm into my 2nd or 3rd glass of red wine and I call him.... I'm all giggles, because now I have Kurt eggin' me on in the background.... so I compose myself, and figure... "let's just get this over with.. out of the way...."

I say..."so, um, where are you guys located?"
he's like "we're actually in Vancouver"
*snicker* muffle, muffle, *snicker...* lol
he's like, "could you tell? Did I say "eh" (pronounced AY) too much?!!
hahahahah
Well, I had to confess.... I told him it was the ABOOT that really caught my attention.

Ya, like I said, I'm a 10 year old.

He was such a good sport.... so we had a moment of good fun at George Bush's expense... hahaha... and then back to business! It was good to get that out of the way.... then I could fully concentrate!!!

Heh. I've never actually heard the Canadian accent spoken... just read abooot it.... hahahah... it's great fun to hear!!! LOLOL

Ok.... hey, give me some wine and I'm very, very easily amused!

=)

No comments:

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....