This is twice now that we've been targeted by the gods of lightning! Another huge crash at 3am, woke the whole house up.... middle K was wandering around turning lights on ... I had to go downstairs to investigate.... He tells me half asleep that he's wondering where the dog was..... So I check to make sure the door didn't blow open allowing her to wander outside... nope. Then he tells me, he thinks she's eating.... which was why the pantry light was on... I'm like, "ok, so what? She's hungry. Then he's worried about leaving the cat out.... sigh.... aaaaaggghhhh. All the while, I'm walking him back to his room... assuring him the cat is fine, the dog will be back in to sleep in your room when she's finished eating... licht auf.... tuck him back in bed.... wander up the kids staircase and see that they are still all in bed, close some windows... we went from 90 to 50 .... brrrr, what a storm.
As I wander down the driveway to take the kids to the bus... I see that we did get another strike... a huge tree branch is down. The tree at the road was hit, and broke off down the middle of its trunk... looks like it must have been blocking the drive... as I think I see drag marks on our driveway. Kurt must have moved it so we could get by.... branches, twigs, leaves down everywhere.... Wow. That's 2 storms. Don't things happen in 3's, they say??! heh. Ah, Kurt just called and clarified.... he dragged the tree with his car and a tow rope... ja, duh, makes sense, it's a huge chunk of tree that came down! Ya, I'll do a camera pic and upload it to flickr!
Well, it's tea time this morning... 'cause damn it if I'm tired again... busy, busy.... and tired. I really have to quit partying at 3am.... and get to sleep earlier. Maybe I'll push the last blood sugar check up a 1/2 hour to 9:30pm.... and then call it a night......
Views from CowTown
14 September 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(109)
-
▼
September
(13)
- Friday funny
- It was bound to happen
- what are the chances of this?
- Indian Summer
- All is good again!
- Happy Oktoberfest! Don't worry, Kurt, I didn't fo...
- wow, another crash, bang storm
- just another day
- And I thought the heat was gone...
- so we're coming to the end of week 2
- a week or so later...
- drunk blogging
- 3 days in and I'm having a ball
-
▼
September
(13)

1 comment:
ew. your weather is definitely more dangerous than ours! :-O
Post a Comment