Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

08 September 2005

so we're coming to the end of week 2

...of middle school that is. And, I've driven to the school twice now with middle K for books that he forgot to bring home, he's received two "H's" for missing homework, which also results in an immediate phone call home to tell the parent of the infraction, and he missed the bus yesterday because he couldn't get his locker open.

We're off to a good year, 'eh?!

Sigh.

I was so wound yesterday. 2 beers, a soak in the hottub, I sank into bed finally and woke up with a hangover/headache today.

Work yesterday. I get the phone call at work, "mom, I missed the bus..." Oh brother, what to do... I'm expecting him to arrive home to babysit the little kids that I leave at home for 20 mins until his arrival.... aaack! Kurt's at work, which is a minimum of 45 mins away.... I'm at work and expecting students and/or teacher to arrive... how can I leave....??? Ya, I'm sure many a working mom has been here before me... but, sheesh.....

Then, come class time and no instructor shows up. I'm here with our summer schedule still in place.... ( class times have been trimmed)... and I have nearly 30 students and I'm running the show.... Kurt is on his way home, he'll go pick up middle K, and "oh, please phone home to let the kids know what's what."

Class is chaotic, but we finish and noone is injured.

Next class starts and the other instructor is not showing up. I call Kurt in a panic saying... "this is it... they've quit on us all... look at this mess...." I call over to that instuctor's house.... ready to say, "ahh, so you don't have the nerve to tell me to my face that you quit... you'll just not show up and 'show me'" ... good thing I spoke more civilized than my brain was screaming.... turns out, noone bothered to tell me that every other Wednesday, he doesn't get off work until 5:30, so he'll be running about 10 mins late.... it's my class again. AAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK, because there's nearly 30 students here. The phone is ringing... on the third try I find out it's the big boss... calling from Arizona....

Could this story get any more frustrating....??

Thank goodness... Kurt walked in, the teacher walked in.... I found an upper black belt adult to start class with warm-ups... delegate... what a great word!

Ya, just jump on in to the workin' world!

So, Kurt went and rescued middle K from the school, popped in on the kids and sorted their affairs out... came to the karate school to rescue me.... trial by fire? In over my head? Hmmmmm.... but more people sign up... money keeps comin' in.... all will be ok....

Sheesh. I'll get the hang of this.... it's just a bumpy road a bit for a couple months I suspect....

Well, that was a long ramble. And I didn't even get to the part of the story where the nurse called me from school.... little cee had a blood sugar of 37... sigh... and was working fast to stablalize her, giving her juice, and "oh, the water main broke here, so school is cancelled for the day. Can you come get the kids before 11am?' OHMIGOD, it's only 10:30am... I haven't washed my floors yet... you can't be serious....

What a freakin' day. It was definately a 2 beer day. And, a soak in the hottub day. And I was still wound up at bedtime.....

Isn't life exciting??!!!

Man I ramble.............when on my second glass of Shiraz..... =))

1 comment:

k.d. said...

wah! what a day!

the delegating was the best part, i guess? :-O

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....