
Hmmm, spent 2 hours at the accountant's office yesterday..... what a headache. This accounting/bookkeeping is a full time job. And, I have the full time job of mom and part time instructor. Ya, I'm feeling stressed a lot of the time. I screwed up when I wrote the employees' paychecks and dated them for Oct 31. The accountant just laughs and says, "ah, you're learning quickly!" Now I get to pay double for employer federal taxes this month. f*ck. Although, the upside, I won't pay it for November.... because you can be assured, I'm dating the employees checks Dec 1st. sheeeesh.
Business is slow. I have to be a better salesman.... I need things written down, a pricelist, a school plan, and just stick with it. We need to make many changes at the karate school... a lot of them for legal reasons, some to clean up, others to make the school plan more firm. And, I need to finish the database for our students so we can keep track of attendance, testing etc. easier.... And, I need to enter in all the inventory, and other bookkeeping aspects into Quickbooks..... and we need to finish putting our brochure together... and find a new company to order supplies who can take our .jpg logo and create a plate to silk screen uniforms....... and we need to finish up the new website that has been designed for us.... woodstockmartialartsDOTcom .... it's not public knowledge yet.... still in the designing stages.... but it's kinda cool to see so far..... sigh....
We're a bit busy.
But, I did take time out to enjoy an afternoon with family. Cousin M was over, my aunt, my mom..... now, it's back to the grind..... and shopping..... and babysitting my kids......
TGIF. Oh, and happy Martinstag!

No comments:
Post a Comment