Views from CowTown

www.flickr.com
frau cowtown's items Go to frau cowtown's photostream

30 March 2006

Good mornin' from CowTown

Ahh, another slow-paced, spring break morning. As we've been doing since Saturday, we were up again at 5:30, and out the door running down to the lake, the dogs leading the way. It's a bit surreal to me. I arrive home, light-headed feeling from all the crisp, cool air I've been gulping as I gasp and sputter on the uphill climb towards home... heh. This getting old business is a bitch.

I took the boys to see "The Shaggy Dog" yesterday afternoon. Wow, boring. I think the highlight was a couple of my karate kids coming up to me in the theater to say 'hey!' .... note to self, "cannot go out and about in our town looking frumpy, ever!" hee hee! Is the karate lady allowed to eat popcorn at the movies??

My daily phone call from little cee came in around noon. Boy, was she excited. She was just back from parasailing with her Oma... 1200 feet above the ocean. The boat driver even dunked their feet and butts in the water once for fun! I'm told there are lots of pics for the mama to see! She's having a blast.

Let's see, then there was the funeral last evening.... gah. It just nailed home again how disgusting that is to me.... "Kurt, don't you dare lay me out for all these strangers to wander by and oogle my dead body..." GROSS! Instead, I told him to just have an open bar for a couple of hours... a nice send off party, the kind I'd like to be at. Have a good German Bier keg tapped, some German tunes playing.... and maybe some pictures of all the good times we've had! You can keep me in a cool ceramic jar! hahahahahhaha. *shudder* who wants to be remembered lying in a pine box? blech..... but, just my opinion....

We stopped at my car dealer's place on the way home.... I thought they'd be closed... afterall, it was after 7pm. Nope, they were there. But, it's ok. They were friendly, non-aggressive, it was really a nice experience. They even have a nifty minivan for us for under 18K. Wow! Now, of course, that doesn't include the handy 'Stow 'n Go" system of seats... that option will add a bit more to the sticker price. Hmmm, anyways, we'll go back to look at them in the daylight, perhaps take one out for a spin....
.....Or, maybe we'll take a drive to Chicago today. Go shopping in Korean town. We need to pick up some breaking boards from our supplier in the city. It will save us much if we can pick them up rather than have them shipped.... We'll see.

It's kinda fun being on vacation time. I even played hookie from work yesterday. It wasn't my Wed. to teach... so I just didn't go in at all.... That's not to say I didn't work on the other stuff.... I've reconciled the books for January and February.... heh... ja, I'm goood.. hahahahah

Ok. Now, I'm rablin'. I'm becoming goofy like the kids. Too much unstructured free-time turns their/my heads to mush. They enjoy the bicker, bicker, bicker now.... oooooh, man. 2 more days! And the mini dog goes home Friday too!

I think we need some photos here again soon!

1 comment:

mk said...

Wow...hey..wish i have spring break too. sigh. and - by the way - a little goofy is ok, eh? ;-)

Herr und Frau CowTown

Herr und Frau CowTown
eeewwww....freaky....

Blog Archive